EFT is such a simple and easy-to-learn technique that you can learn the very basics of the technique in minutes. Here you find the core essentials of EFT so that you can start with the simplest yet most fundamental part of the technique.
EFT points and tips on how to tap
The EFT Basic Sequence
(Emotional Freedom Techniques)
1. IDENTIFY THE ISSUE: Focus on bringing an emotion or issue or physical ailment into your awareness in the present moment.
2. THE EVALUATION: When you have brought the emotion or sensation up to its full intensity (or whatever intensity feels comfortable), measure how strong it feels between one and ten.
3. THE AFFIRMATION: While tapping the “Karate Chop” point shown above in a steady, fashion; repeat the following affirmation three times:
“Even though I have this ____________, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
So, for example, if you had a headache, you would repeat three times something like:
“Even though I have this headache, I deeply and completely accept myself “
Note: The affirmation may be modified to suit whatever you feel is the best approach for you and the best way to heal yourself. Some principles for healing are: acceptance, love, freedom, peace, forgiveness, gratitude, joy, and all that empowers.
Some other possible examples are:
Even though I have a sore back, I love and accept myself anyway, or
Even though I feel really angry right now, I choose to be peaceful instead, or
Even though I feel guilty about not doing the right thing, I forgive myself or
Even though I am wheezing, I allow myself to breathe freely etc.
4. THE TAPPING SEQUENCE: Using your index and middle fingers, tap with a medium pressure, about seven times on each of the acu-points in the order shown on the diagrams above while repeating the following reminder phrase once at each point: “This ______________.”
Note: You can tap on the points on either side of the face or body. It doesn’t matter which you use.
So using the example of the headache again, after going through the initial affirmation whilst tapping the karate chop point, you would then tap on each of the other points as follows:
Begin with the top of the head, tap whilst saying “This headache”
then tap the eyebrow point and say “This headache”
then tap the side of the eye point and say “This headache” etc.
Note: the order and sequence of the points is of no importance. We have chosen to go down the body simply to make it easier to remember all the points. The technique is very flexible and forgiving. It usually works even if you forget one or more points.
5. THE RE-EVALUATION: When you have completed the tapping sequence, take a moment to focus on the emotion or issue again and notice how it feels. Evaluate it again between one and ten to bring any difference in your experience into your awareness.
Go back to step 1 and repeat sequence until intensity diminishes or passes.
Click this diagram to make it clearer.
What does each point mean? Where is connected to?
Some people want to know what each tapping point corresponds to, so here in this file you will find a list including all of the various meridian tapping points, the meridians, the organs and the emotions which are associated to each of the EFT points which are tapped on.
Click here to view: EFT Tapping Points Meridians and Emotions
Important note: While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it must still be considered to be in the experimental stage and thus practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it. Further, Andrew Lewis is not a licensed health professional and offers EFT as a personal performance coach. Please consult qualified health practitioners regarding your use of EFT.
The four best ways of learning how EFT gives you the power to transform your life are:
1 Learn the basics of tapping and EFT by downloading the free EFT Manual
2 Sign up for the free EFT tapping video course (including 10 videos)
3 Get quality hands-on training in the basics, intermediate and advanced EFT and experience what EFT can truly do first-hand by attending a live workshop or EFT training course
4 Work through the core issues with ease with EFT Coaching sessions